An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Volume 2

I was quite surprised by the amount of visitors to the blog in ages. Probably since I also came with a treat. A treat to be honest I was not complete satisfied with after listening to it completely. Some of the songs are not so loud in the mix compared with the others, which unfortuantly is something that I can't repair for the moment. Two of the songs came from original sources, of which unfortuantly even the latest re-release did not get a remaster.



For both I am searching for a better repelacement, which might be a live recording of the song.

The first Volume offered a nice retrospect on bands that I came familiar with during the late seventies and the eighties. This second volume offers a lot of bands which were introduced to me in the last 15 years.

I became interested in the music of my youth again after a drive back from a holiday in Switserland. It was the song The Great Commandment by the German band Camouflage which made me decide to search for New Wave and Synthpop music. Followers of these music styles are aware of the great compilations from 2002 to 2007, like the Flexipop series. On these compilations some new Dutch names, for me, from the 1977-1988 era were introduced.


At last for people who might be wondering where the pictures are from. Both are taken by myself. The picture of the first Volume was taken in Valkenburg and shows the Kleine Geul. The picture of the second Volume I took on the Vrijthof square in Maastricht.

Tracklist:

01. Qua Dance - A Heart (3:49)
02. Viva Voce - India (4:01)
03. Van Kaye & Ignit - Whirlwind (3:59)
04. Soviet Sex - Talk To Me (4:13)
05. Cheiron - Land fter Life (4:53)
06. Doxa Sinistra - Soviet Invasion (2:11)
07. Les Yeux Interdis - Prison (4:44)
08. Spectral Display - It Takes A Muscle To Fall In love (3:27)
09. The Meteors - Together Too Long (3:38)
10. Ten Sharp - Japanese Lovesong (4:40)
11. The Visitor - The Eye Of Madness (3:29)
12. W.A.T. - Conspiracy In The Dark (4:35)
13. Mecano - Escape The Human Myth (3:28)
14. Kontakt Mikrofoon Orkest - Do The Residue (4:23)
15. The Actor - Covergirl (3:25)
16. Nadagen - Kult (3:49)
17. Nasmak - I Hope I'm Gonna Rain Today (4:06)
18. Weekend At Waikiki - Love In The Most Peculiar Way (4:17)
19. Dixo Wankers - City Boy (2:29)
20. Boom Boom Mancini - Red Skies (4:09)

Enjoy this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Flock Of Seagulls

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 32