An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Volume 9



Another week past. A very hectic and enerving week.

Last Saturday, the 6th of Mai, I visited The Hague. A friend of mine wrote his own book, which he presented that day. We walked the center of the city combining a good glass of beer and a good bite with visits to local record stores. In the last one I was able to score some Dutch New Wave vynil of artists which will be featured on later issues.

Since I had hoped to find some vynil of bands, that I didn't find sofar, I decided to order the most wanted albums through discogs on my way back home in the train. They all arrived in the past days and I hope to set up a recording spot later this Saturday in the attic to digitize the vynil in the upcoming days and weeks. I will follow a new procedure which for sure takes some time to get experienced with.


Sunday I went to the Ziggo Dome to see Depeche Mode. A great evening, a great band and a great setlist. To be honest the new album has not settled in yet, although I like a song as So Much Love a lot. But to be fair I have to say the highlights for me, without any doubt, were Everything Counts, Stripped, Enjoy The Silence and Never Let Me Down Again. Goosebumps all over the place and some emotional tears accompanied those songs.


Then last night, Thursday the 11th of Mai, together with a nice bunch of friends, I visited the opening of the new venue Podium Victorie in Alkmaar. The old venue was in the center of the city, and now they have build a complete new building with a capacity of around 900 people. Fischer-Z played there as part of their 2017 Building Bridges tour with the Amsterdam band The Elemantary Penguins as support. A great evening with a mixed setlist of old and new material.

So coming to volume nine this week. The funny thing about a lot of the tracks featured this week is the fact I found them during my holiday week on Texel and the conecting weekend. I had never expected to find so much new names in such a short period. So I was very pleased about the result.

Volume 9 feature the following tracks:

01. One Fine Day - Standing In Your Shadow (3:31)
02. Check The Computer - I Wonder Why (3:24)
03. Wanda's - Township Rumours (3:54)
04. Da Klute - The Wanderer (4:40)
05. Six Plys Tzar - Taken By Surprise (5:09)
06. A Modest Proposal - Ite Missa Est (5:32)
07. Cloud Nine - Waterland (3:48)
08. Twinkling Tears - Illusions (4:42)
09. Xymox - Moscovite Musquito (4:30)
10. Ballad Of A Thin Man - Four Horseman (3:40)
11. Cheiron - Your Life Your Body (4:23)
12. Flue - Fancy Tree (3:20)
13. Astral Bodies - When I Fall (3:20)
14. Dance Macabre - Hell (3:23)
15. Zerx - Raincoat Robbery (2:47)
16. Fay Lovesick - Party Time (3:00)
17. Wintersun Knights - Just Another Rainy Day (3:57)
18. The Actor - Romanza Dela Discotheca (4:01)
19. Minny Pops - Footsteps (1:55)
20. eM. - To, To New York (4:49)

And to end this weeks entry here is the link.

BTW the picture featured this week was taken on the isle of Terschelling and shows the famous lighthouse of the village West Terschelling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Flock Of Seagulls

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 32