An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Volume 14

And so we come to Volume 14. Never thought, when I started this journey that I would get that far and still be able to offer new names with each new Volume that I presented over the months.


Again I draw from the marvelous archives of Diggin' Demos and add some new discoveries to the tracklist. Besides that some nice sites have been a great inspiration as well. 

So just before the holidays, to Switzerland and Italy, I present you this volume in the ongoing series. I assumed 15 volumes would be enough, since I thought this would tell the story. However, I still discover new names every day with new music, which would be a shame if they were not mentioned in the introduction. I have ten days to think about this. In principle, number 15 is as good as finished and this Volume musically will return to the Volume 10 experience. But there is a need to tell more. Bands who sang in my mother tongue hardly have been discussed, but I've found enough examples of them. So I am in doubt. In 10 days you will hear more. Enjoy this newbie's momentum.

To tell you a secret I have something with the number 18. So my thought will mainly be about the fact to create another three Volumes and end with a mother tongue blast. For now check out Volume 14.

The tracklist:

01. A Sceptic View - Army Service (2:57)
02. Corneil Nies - Satellites (4:51)
03. The Bugs - Harvey und Brigitte Rot (4:47)
04. Signal(s) - Untitled (2:56)
05. Immortal - The Acorn (4:18)
06. La Neue Name - What Do We Want (2:31)
07. Margamania - Gravity (4:14)
08. Exxon Valdez - If Your Love (5:02)
09. A Modest Proposal - Rain Disturbs (4:45)
10. Ivy Green - Go On (3:07)
11. Spasmodique - Kiss On Your Scars (3:07)
12. Sturm Und Drang - C.C. Video (3:53)
13. Risk And Scandalls - Drizzle (2:54)
14. Beatnik Love Affair - Somewhere Out There (5:59)
15. Rangoon - Christina Rosetti (3:54)
16. Three Clouds In The Sky - The Song Of Singing Violins (2:27)
17. Hi-I - Illusions (3:31)
18. Robbie Horsfall - Rhythm Of Love (4:44)
19. Unheimliche Jungfrauen - Moment Mal !!! (2:48)
20. Toilets - An Unspoiled Land (3:35)

The link

Oh BTW the picture was made in The Beemster, a polder between Hoorn and Alkmaar years ago when I visited the place as a member of the photography club of Hoorn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Flock Of Seagulls