An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Volume 20


The final installment of this series, which took me a great part of this year to create. Although new names still pop up now and then and I am still searching for groups of the list, I call it a day for now.

It has been real fun to create this compilation series over the year. I wanted to go out with a real Dutch touch. The original version of this Volume was scheduled as Volume 18, and I had the idea to make it an all Dutch lyrics version, which would include the Dutch Nederpop wave of the eighties with bands like Doe Maar, Het Goede Doel, Toontje Lager, Klein Orkest, Circus Custer, the Scene, Splitsing, VOF de Kunst and Jansse Bagge Band to mention the big names. But in the end I decided not to overstock, moved the installment to the end of the series and made a fifty/fifty solution, dropping all the names mentioned before. The only known name left on this installment is Noodweer, since their first album, which featured the track "In de disco", is cataloged as New Wave.

Another track on this Volume, which needs some explanation is The Beatles in Oud- IJmuiden of Hauser Orkater. The reason to put it on is quite simple since it is about my hometown.

The tracks:

01. De Div - Lieve matroos (4:25)
02. The Dutch - This Is Welfare (4:49)
03. Hauser Orkater - The Beatles in Oud-IJmuiden (2:32)
04. Tempo Di Marcia - Attack Stop (2:19)
05. Noodweer - In de disco (3:46)
06. Christ In Concrete - Future Men (2:37)
07. Nadagen - Zondagmiddag (2:54)
08. The Blitzz - So Free (2:21)
09. Braak - Dokter dokter (3:18)
10. Raoul Röring - That's Strange (3:35)
11. Wallagh - Standaard verkeer (3:08)
12. Tranquil Eyes - Floodlight (4:29)
13. Final Unit - De stilte en ik (4:05)
14. Conspiracy Of Silence - Mother (4:06)
15. Watt Nouz - Koude oorlog (4:18)
16. Qua Dance - Iron (5:30)
17. Bazooka - Hoe het is (3:04)
18. MAM - So Close To The Event (5:59)
19. Het Chateau D'If - 100 graden (4:05)
20. Mekanik Kommando - From The Ashes (8:00)

The link.

In the next entry I will come up with a list of artist- and group names found over this year, since I received a list at the end of January. This list has grown a lot over the year. And I know New Wave is a banner for a lot of styles. So I am gonna categorize the list by styles and hope to present it soon to you.

Meanwhile enjoy this last installment of a series which gave me fun to create.

BTW the picture was made in Hoorn, a city I lived for a couple of years from 2004 to 2008.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 32

A Flock Of Seagulls